How to sell your art online and in real life.
Art Biz Coaching • The reACTion Lab Membership
The re:ACTion Lab
Welcome to The re:ACTion Lab
Now with everything!
This isn’t just you – building a creative business is a long-term task. It requires commitment to your work AND your business and an understanding that it can take years to see things start to sizzle.
I know it’s tough.
Take heart. You’re on the right path.
What do you need? We got it.
The re:ACTion Lab has all the classes you need in one place for one convenient yearly membership fee. There’s no need to feel like you need to waste you precious free time sourcing out more information – it’s all here, and I’ve got your back.
It’s hard to work a day job and then feel excited about putting in more hours at your creative biz… but if that is the life you want to have, it’s what’s required.
I may believe in magic – but I don’t offer “magical” solutions. Your biz will happen through dedication and consistent action and an ongoing joy and love of what you do.
Having the information you need to build lists and create promotions and sell at shows and craft a brand stategy – will let you focus on the love and enjoyment of creation. No one needs to be stressed out in the studio wondering how they’re going to make payments or boost sales.
Get in The re:ACTion Lab and get answers you need.
Get in The re:ACTion Lab and get the support you want to thrive.
Click the images for more information…
NEW: The Questions & Answers Page
The Q&A page has just been added (which is kind of a no-brainer…) – that I clued into when I kept answering the same email questions over and over again.
The questions that I get asked are valuable information for everyone – and it was in my best interest to provide those answers in a way that could help everyone.
Now if you’re struggling with some part of your biz – just submit your question and I’ll answer it on the Answers page within a day or two.
There’s also discounted coaching for Members of The re:ACTion Lab – woot!
Together, these marketing classes can get your biz sailing along on the right path – but there are some classes that are more of a priority over others.
If you’re digging into The re:ACTion Lab – I’d recommend studying in the following order (though, you are free to study in whatever order you choose – of course!):
– getting your list ready and set up is THE PRIORITY.
– This is a good foundation course to get you familiar with all the working parts of your creative biz, how they work together, WHY you do the things you do and what you can do to grow your biz.
– This is a much more in depth course that cares more about the psychology of your brand and why your best customers buy from you, how you can find more of those people and how to promote to them more effectively.
Those are definitely the core classes – the rest are important to dig into when you’d like to get more specific information about how to manage a particular aspect of your biz.
Enjoy – and don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Everyone learns differently, so we created our classes to help you “learn how to business” and retain what you learn in whatever mode is easiest for your brain meats.
We like brains. We want to help brains do their brain-work.
- With that in mind, we have video, audio and pdf’s for almost all of our classes.
- You can learn how to set up and start your business while you commute to work, or during your breaks or while you work out or enjoy a walk outdoors.
- For the visual-oriented, we have video
- PDF’s for those that like to scan.
- Most classes have guidebooks that help keep you on track with prompting questions and space to reflect on how your business can make use of the new material.
- Writing out your own thoughts about newly learned material is a great way to ensure that you retain and have an exceptional understanding of the new material.
- All classes are downloadable and will continue to be a resource that you can refer back to again and again.
- Often times the first pass through new material isn’t sufficient to absorb all of it and having the files to access yourself will provide much deeper immersion in the business materials.
Click images for more info…
**If you’d like to dig in to just one of these classes –
they’re available individually on the Self-Study page.**
33 Days of Mailchimp
Your mailing list is the foundation stone necessary in your biz.
I recommend setting up a mailing before anything – even before you’ve got a website or a Facebook page… set up your mailing list. This way you’ve got a place to collect all the people who are going to start loving your creative work – right out of the gate!
Don’t put this off – first first first.
- how to set up your list
- how to make it pretty
- how to mail to your list
- how to separate your list into groups
- how to mail people based on what they’ve bought or where they live or how much they like your art…
It’s a ballsy class and I’m right there with you step by step showing your how.
BUT – there’s a catch. Mailchimp has changed their user interface since these videos were created and now it’s a little different. Congratulations – that means half price for you! Or you can get this class and all the others in one go with The re:ACTion Lab.
The Marketing Lab
This is the next step. #2 on the path to marketing miracles.
We cover all the why, what, where, how and who in this class.
We don’t dive too deep as it’s intended for those starting on the marketing hustle who want to understand a broad view of the whole operation and how it all fits together.
This class, combined with 33 Days of Mailchimp – will give you enough information to begin running your business and getting buyers and building a following of people who adore you and your creative work.
Branding, Message & Voice
Here’s recommended class #3.
This is where we start digging into the juicier side of marketing and promotion.
Why do people buy from her and not the other? What is so attractive about your offer? Why do people share and like one person’s posts over another?
Digging into brand is like digging into yourself.
You absolutely cannot grow your business without taking a hard look at what’s driving it – you.
Welcome – this is where the business starts to crackle.
WTF is a JPEG?
Here is where we start getting into ‘subject specific’ classes.
Showing your creative works in the best possible image and environment and creating shareable, exciting images of your work is an intensive ‘drill-down’ into everything you need to know to create stunning images for the web right in your own home.
All the tools for making promotional images are available in home or relatively cheaply.
Some of the professional level software are even free to use!
There’s no excuse to create your own eye-catching promotional images of your creative work to share and get your people eager to have your work in their homes!
This is the difference between a scan without editing (left) and one that’s been brought back to it’s original brilliance (right).
The Almanac Office Manager
This is probably the least sexy class I’ve ever created… ever. Anywhere.
But it’s creation was a direct response to my coaching calls which always have at least one ‘brass tacks’ question about how to organize their business.
It’s not marketing. It’s not strategy. It’s the actual nuts & bolts of organizing your Space, Things, Time, People & Art.
It’s an Office Manager in a box. A digital box.
All the things valued at:
Now: $590 for 1 year membership.
Click the images for more information…
Only available in The re:ACTion Lab members area:
“Triple R” (RRR)
This course will explore in depth all the variety of ways an artist can repurpose, reproduce and resell artwork to create a diversified inventory of products at multiple pricing tiers.
We will explain the how-to step by step and also dig deep into the marketing and strategy of positioning and promoting these products to the market.
Topics Covered in RRR:
- Introduction (t) – this refers to an information session with talk only, no how to instruction
- Prints vs. Reproductions (t)
- Prints vs. Reproductions – Case Studies (t)
- “Enhanced Art Reproductions”(t)
- Stretching & Mounting
- Gel Mediums Enhanced I
- Gel Mediums Enhanced II
- Enhancing with Graffiti Markers
- “Enhanced – Abstract Energy Artist” Case Study & Demo
- A Note About Printing
- Semi Originals (t)
- Semi Original – Gel Transfers
- Semi Original – Gel Transfers II
- Semi Original – Toner Transfer
- Semi Original Case Study – Kelly Grace
- The Perception of Value – Stamps, Lino, Embossing & Certificates
- Merchandise (POD) (t)
- Merchandise II (Inventory – Direct Sales, Consignement, Wholesale) (t)
- Jewelry, Charms & Stationary (t)
- Marketing & Promotion – Intro (t)
- Marketing & Promotion – “A” Original Art (t)
- Marketing & Promotion – “B” Website (t)
- Marketing & Promotion – “C” Mailing List (t)
- Marketing & Promotion – “D” Fairs, Events, Retail Sales (t)
- Marketing & Promotion – “E” Social Media (t)
- Marketing & Promotion – Pricing (t)
Here’s a little taste of Triple RRR:
I’ve just put this class to bed and posted the last video for RRR. It got WAY bigger than I’d originally thought it would be – but yay for you! More options for your biz.
I also added a Q & A page to the RRR class.
I was getting the same questions emailed to me so I gathered them into a Q & A and answered them all at once. There is a question submit form available now too so that you can fire off any question you have about the information or techniques and strategies that we cover. I’ll either email you back or if it’s one that I hear regularly – I’ll add it to the page.
Because this class added so much value to The re:ACTion Lab – we’ll be raising the price in the very beginning of 2017 to $490 for a year membership.
Make sure you get in before the end of 2016 to take advantage of the old pricing!
Promote Your Art & Expand Your Audience
Speaking Gig – April 2015
This is a video I made of a talk I gave to the Oshawa Art Association in April 2015.
It’s really useful information and the slideshow was easily changed into a video so “BAM!” Bob’s your uncle – video for you.
It’s a little over 30 minutes and we cover:
- Your Meaning, Why & Magickal Seed
- the Hub & Spoke Model of Marketing
- Sharing Images
- Identifying Associated Markets
- Writing As Art Promotion
- The Repetition Reality
I’ve also included the audio only, if you want to download that and stick it on your iPod for later.
“How do I get an Art Book printed?”
Video & PDF Download
Here’s an introductory video for someone who’s new to self-publishing and is interested in their options. This video is private and aside from the live broadcast, is only available in The Reaction Lab.
- Bindings and formats
- Layout options – the free inDesign video mentioned is below this one
- offset vs. digital printing
- cost and profit expectations
- UPC codes – Canada & USA
- plus a PDF download with all the links and contact info
InDesign Intro Video
- creating a new document
- understanding margin, gutter, trim and bleed
- using Master Pages
- setting up page numbering
- placing images and text
- exporting a book
It’s enough to allow you to create a book and export it as a PDF.
Not advanced stuff – but enough to get you a finished product.
The video is 1024 x 720 and will open in a lightbox.